Altcoin Developers Announce Compensation After Huge Losses to Investors
An altcoin development company has made a statement regarding compensation for users who suffered losses following a hacking incident.
ALEX altcoin developer Alex Lab, who experienced a major hack, announced that as of June 5, 2024, all revenue generated by the platform will be allocated to refund users affected by the recent hack.
The announcement came via an update shared on the X platform, where the company said, “We are committed to transparency and user compensation. Starting June 5, 2024, all ALEX revenues will be used to compensate users affected by the hack.”
Earlier in May, Alex Lab, a Bitcoin decentralized finance (DeFi) tool, was the victim of a cyberattack that resulted in the loss of $4.3 million. In response, the company offered an initial 10% reward for the recovery of the stolen funds. Alex Lab also announced that they had identified the attacker and that the stolen funds had been frozen by major exchanges.
Security firm CertiK said the hackers likely took control of the private keys that manage ALEX’s XLink bridge, a service that facilitates the transfer of tokens between different blockchains. The attackers then transferred $300,000 worth of Bitcoin (BTC), $3.3 million worth of stablecoins, and $75,000 worth of Sugar Kingdom (SKO) tokens.
*This is not investment advice.
Disclaimer: The content of this article solely reflects the author's opinion and does not represent the platform in any capacity. This article is not intended to serve as a reference for making investment decisions.
You may also like
Clanker team earns $13 million in revenue from over 200,000 tokens on Base in just five months

US equities slide as trade war escalates, Powell signals no rate cut
Tariff and interest rate concerns overshadowed a positive March jobs report
Sei Investments increases 39% stake in MicroStrategy

Fidelity Spot Solana ETF Gains Traction As SEC Acknowledges Filing

Trending news
MoreCrypto prices
More








